SKU Black Star Iron Frying Pan
Black Star Iron Frying Pan
This Swiss made frying pan is a tough, long lasting, heavy gauge iron pan. The professional quality will give you many years of service. Read more >
Features & Benefits
This Swiss made frying pan is a tough, long lasting, heavy gauge iron pan. The professional quality will give you many years of service.
A popular choice for professionals and keen cooks because this durable spun iron pan can be used for fast and fierce frying. It’s perfect for searing meat, fast frying of vegetables and cooking dishes such as Swiss rosti. Use on lower heats for gentle frying, cooking omelettes and more.
The Black Star pan can be used on the hob, under the grill and in the oven giving you one tough and versatile pan, perfect for making tarte tatin for instance.
- Durable, heavy gauge, spun iron pan that absorbs and stores heat brilliantly.
- Cast malleable iron handle pot riveted to the pan.
- The handle has a hanging loop for easy storage.
- Suitable for all hob types, including induction it’s also grill and ovensafe.
- Follow the seasoning instructions to ensure the pan will develop its own non-stick properties – see use and care below.
- Supplied with full use and care instructions.
- Part of a range of Black Star pans from Kuhn Rikon.
- Made in Switzerland. Reassuring quality from Kuhn Rikon - the Swiss cookware experts.
- UK Limited Lifetime Guarantee – applies to UK purchases and covers defects in materials and workmanship.
Use & Care
- Please read the use and care instructions supplied with the pan. See the video shown at the top of this page for further advice.
- Before first use remove any packaging then handwash in hot soapy water and dry thoroughly.
- For best results follow the seasoning instructions provided with the pan and listed below.
- Seasoning just needs to be done once and after seasoning you should avoid washing the pan in soapy water as it will then need re-seasoning.
- Always add some oil before cooking – the pan is not suitable for fat-free cooking.
- Use silicone, wooden or metal utensils.
- Suitable for use on all types of hob, including induction.
- Try to match the diameter of the pan to the ring on the hob.
- Avoid dragging your pan across a glass topped hob.
- Grill and oven safe up to 240°C.
- Never leave your pan unattended. If strong smoke develops then the pan is too hot. Immediately remove from the heat and then continue at a lower temperature.
- Use oven gloves when lifting the pans.
- Do not place pans on the oven floor, always use an oven shelf.
- Misuse invalidates the guarantee. Overheating or burnt in residues are not covered.
- Follow this link for more information on the UK Limited Lifetime Guarantee.
To season your Black Star pan:
- Your pan needs seasoning in order to remove the antirust coating and to ensure you get the best performance from your pan.
- Seasoning will help to create a non-stick patina.
- Put potato peelings or sliced potatoes into the clean pan with plenty of salt.
- Cover the base with an oil that has a high smoke point such as sunflower or peanut oil.
- Fry the potato peelings or slices on a medium heat for about 30 minutes until the potatoes brown.
- Discard the potatoes and wipe the pan.
- From now on do not wash the pan as you want to retain the oily patina.
- After each use wipe away any food residues and rub the inside with cooking oil, preferably sunflower oil.
Delivery & Returns
FREE delivery in the UK on all orders worth £45 or more.
Method Information Price Standard
Delivery Orders for less than £45 in the UK will incur a charge. Delivery will be within 2-3 working days (Monday – Friday). £3.95 Free Standard
Delivery FREE delivery in the UK on all orders worth £45 or more. delivery will be within 2-3 working days (Monday – Friday).
Delivery Next Day Delivery
Provided your order for the UK is placed by 2.00pm on a working day (Monday-Friday). Delivery will be on the next working day (Monday-Friday). £6.95
*Only one carriage charge will be applied to an order, even if there is more than one consignment.
We use Royal Mail for most of our deliveries.
Orders are despatched via the Royal Mail Tracked 48 hour or 24 hour (next day) service.
We will usually ask for a signature on delivery and will definitely require a signature if the delivery includes age restricted items, such as knives.
Tracking information will be emailed to you and sent to a mobile number if provided.
Orders received by midday will usually be delivered a day quicker than orders received later on the same day.
Standard delivery is Monday to Friday.
Orders placed on a Friday afternoon, Saturday or Sunday will be despatched on the following Monday (if it is a public holiday the order will be despatched on the next working day).
To avoid failed/delayed deliveries please provide special instructions when placing your order regarding where the parcel may be safely left, either on your property or with a designated neighbour.
If, in the unlikely event, there is a delay with your order we will contact you to explain the situation, you may at this stage want to:-
a) Cancel your order.
b) Select alternative products.
c) Continue with your order which we will despatch as soon as the stock is available.
Whilst we make every effort to fulfil every order promptly we are not liable for any failure to deliver, or delay in delivering items you have ordered due to reasons beyond our control.
We want to ensure that you are happy with your purchases. If, for any reason, you, as a private individual, from within the UK, decide the goods you ordered are not what you want you can return them to us free of charge (within 30 days of receiving the goods).
- If you, as a private individual (and not in the course of a business) buy from us over the website (without any face to face contact) you are entitled to change your mind, cancel your order and get a full refund.
- If you want to cancel or change an order before it has been despatched please contact us and we will issue a full refund.
- If, for any reason, you decide you don’t want your purchases, after they have been despatched, then we will refund or exchange in accordance with your legal rights. Please report the matter to us immediately and certainly within 30 days of receiving the goods, either email or phone Customer Services (tel. 01902 458410 – Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm).
- Before returning any items please phone (01902 458410) or email us to request a Royal Mail returns label. We just need to know your name, your order number, the item reference and your reason for the return.
- To avoid damage in transit please pack items to be returned in the original carton and similar outer packaging as that in which you received the goods.
- We will send an exchange or refund all monies received within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you; including the standard outbound delivery cost and the return delivery (using the Royal Mail returns label that we will send you).
- In line with legislation we have the right to deduct monies from refunds if the goods show signs of unreasonable use leading to diminished value.
- Items delivered damaged must be reported to us within 30 working days of receipt of delivery and should be returned (if requested by us) within 30 days for a refund (including outbound and return delivery costs).
- Unless otherwise requested any goods to be returned to us should be sent using a Royal Mail returns label addressed to: Customer Returns, Kuhn Rikon Ltd., Landport Road, Wolverhampton. WV2 2QJ.
- All refunds and exchanges will be processed at the price paid for the item(s) when the order was placed.