Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker Set Long Handles 2 & 5L/ 22cm
SAVE time, SAVE energy and SAVE money with our easy to use, Swiss made Duromatic Pressure Cookers. This versatile set combination offers a choice of sizes. Read more >
Features & Benefits
SAVE time, SAVE energy and SAVE money with our easy to use, Swiss made Duromatic Pressure Cookers. This versatile set combination offers a choice of sizes.
All our Duromatic Pressure Cookers are quiet, safe, easy to use, easy to clean, attractive to look at and will create delicious meals up to three times quicker than conventional cooking.
- Reap rewards on the amount of time, energy and money you’ll save over many years of using your Duromatic Pressure Cooker.
- Easy to use – just add your ingredients and bring the pan to pressure. Choose one of three easy ways to release the pressure. Supplied with detailed instructions, also supported by an App and our Customer Care Team in the UK.
- Amazingly quiet – there’s no loud hissing in the kitchen!
- Five safety features for complete peace of mind.
- Reassuringly Swiss manufacturing, quality and innovation.
- 10 year guarantee on the base and lid, 2 year guarantee on all the parts – all parts readily available.
The Inox range has a timeless elegance. This set includes two 22cm pots each with a long handle and an assist handle for easy lifting, plus a pressure cooker lid and a glass lid. The lids are inter-changeable so you can choose whether to use the 2L (for up to 2 main course servings) or the 5L (for up to 5 main course servings) as a pressure cooker, while the other pan can be used for conventional cooking. The deep pan doubles as a saucepan or casserole and the shallow pan can be used as a braising pan or deep frying pan. Our Inox range includes all the key features found in all Duromatic pressure cookers.
Save time with your Duromatic Pressure Cooker - You can quickly and easily cook all sorts of food in this Duromatic pressure cooker, including stocks, soups, potatoes, vegetables, casseroles, curries, pot roasts and risottos. Food is cooked in about a third of the time compared to conventional cooking, this not only saves time and energy but also ensures that vitamins and minerals are retained.
Just imagine saving so much cooking time! Cook carrots, peas, beans, cauliflower, broccoli and even corn on the cob in about 2 minutes, halved potatoes will take about 8 minutes. Pressure cook a beef stock in just 45 minutes, instead of 4-6 hours in a conventional pan. A Bolognese sauce will take a lightening quick 8 minutes, while a beef stew or a pot roast chicken will cook in only 30 minutes. In 10 minutes you can pressure cook a coq au vin, rustle up a mushroom risotto, make a chutney or a cheescake. Dried beans take up to 15 minutes to cook, that's brilliant when compared to the hours in a standard pan. With such speedy cooking you’re not only saving time you’re also saving energy AND saving money!
Why choose a Duromatic Pressure Cooker -
- Quiet, safe, easy to use and great to look at.
- 18/10 stainless steel - easy to clean.
- Solid aluminium Superthermic® sandwich base - heats up and retains heat efficiently.
- Cooks in approximately 1/3 time of conventional cooking.
- Up to 70% less energy needed with the reduced cooking times.
- Suitable for all heat sources, including induction.
- Spring-loaded precision valve, integrated lid locking and 3 safety release systems. Read about the 5 safety features here.
- Includes trivet. Other accessories readily available.
- Instruction manual included. Recipe book available for download. Free Kuhn Rikon App also available. Also supported by our Customer Care Team in the UK.
- Reassuringly Swiss - designed and manufactured in Kuhn Rikon, Switzerland - the Swiss cookware experts.
- 10 year guarantee on all pan bodies. 2 year warranty on all parts (subject to wear) such as gaskets, handles, valves, valve caps and internal components.
- All Duromatic spare parts readily available.
- See our blogs and some recipes for more information on Duromatic Pressure Cookers.
- See below for advice on how to choose the right pressure cooker for you.
So which Duromatic Pressure Cooker should you choose? Kuhn Rikon offers an extensive range of Duromatic Pressure Cookers, all of them are quiet, safe and easy to use. There's a choice of design, size and budget - something to suit everyone. See below for advice on choosing the right pressure cooker for you. Read this blog for more about Choosing a Pressure Cooker and a summary of all the different Duromatic models.
Choosing the right size pressure cooker - this is an approximate guide to the number of main course servings:-
- 2.5L pressure cooker - 1 to 2 servings
- 4.0L pressure cooker – up to 4 servings
- 5.0L pressure cooker - up to 5 servings
- 6.0L pressure cooker - up to 6 servings
- 8.0L pressure cooker – up to 8 servings
Choosing the right shape of pressure cooker
- If you want to cook soup or joints of meat and poultry in your pressure cooker be sure to choose a deep pressure cooker.
- The shallower pressure cookers are great for casseroles, curries, vegetables and more.
Choosing the pressure cooker with the right handles
- Side grips – easier to store and can be easier to lift as the weight is evenly distributed. This model, the Duromatic Comfort, is only available with two side grips.
- Long handle with a smaller assist handle – gives increased leverage, easier to tip and pour with one hand.
See our wide range of Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers - available in different designs, shapes and sizes.
Use & Care
- To ensure you get the best from your Duromatic Pressure Cooker please follow the detailed instructions supplied with the pressure cooker.
- Handwash and dry your pans. Select the pan size you need for either 2 or 5 servings and you're ready to go.
- It's really easy to use a Duromatic Pressure Cooker - when you’re ready to bring the pan up to pressure, close the lid, place on the heat, wait till the pressure indicator in the lid has lifted to the right pressure, then control the pressure by adjusting the heat on the hob - once it is set you can leave it to cook.
- The Duromatic pressure cooker has two pressure settings. At 5.8 psi the valve is at the first red ring - use this setting for cooking food such as fish, rice, lentils and most fruit. At 11.6 psi, the second red ring, the pressure is ideal for pulses, meat and root vegetables – use this setting for older recipes that refer to 15 psi.
- When the cooking time has been reached the pressure can be released naturally by just turning off the heat; it can be released quicker by depressing the pressure indicator until all the steam has been released. Or place the rim of the pressure cooker under tepid running water to cool the pan and reduce the pressure. When lifting the lid be sure to tilt it so that you direct any hot steam away from you.
- Handwashing is recommended - for normal soiling, use warm water and washing-up liquid.
- For a more intensive clean, a build-up of lime scale or any discolouration use our SWISS CLEANER.
- Limescale can be easily removed with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners or scourers that can damage the surface of the pan.
- Avoid regular cleaning in the dishwasher.
- Never remove food stuck to the pan with sharp objects such as knives, steel wool or scourers.
- Be sure to keep the pressure indicator clean.
- Never exceed the maximum capacity, e.g. half full for pulses, rice and fruit; two-thirds full for stock, soup, meat and vegetables.
- 10 year guarantee on the pressure cooker body and a 2 year warranty on all parts subject to wear such as gaskets, handles, valves, valve caps, and internal components.
- Warranty does not cover damage to the pressure cooker due to overheating, general misuse or commercial use.
- Pressure Cooker recipes - wondering what to cook in your pressure cooker? Take a look at some recipes using a pressure cooker on our website or download the Kuhn Rikon app.
Delivery & Returns
FREE delivery in the UK on all orders worth £45 or more.
Method Information Price Standard
Delivery Orders for less than £45 in the UK will incur a charge. Delivery will be within 2-3 working days (Monday – Friday). £3.95 Free Standard
Delivery FREE delivery in the UK on all orders worth £45 or more. delivery will be within 2-3 working days (Monday – Friday).
Delivery Next Day Delivery
Provided your order for the UK is placed by 2.00pm on a working day (Monday-Friday). Delivery will be on the next working day (Monday-Friday). £6.95
*Only one carriage charge will be applied to an order, even if there is more than one consignment.
We use Royal Mail for most of our deliveries.
Orders are despatched via the Royal Mail Tracked 48 hour or 24 hour (next day) service.
We will usually ask for a signature on delivery and will definitely require a signature if the delivery includes age restricted items, such as knives.
Tracking information will be emailed to you and sent to a mobile number if provided.
Orders received by midday will usually be delivered a day quicker than orders received later on the same day.
Standard delivery is Monday to Friday.
Orders placed on a Friday afternoon, Saturday or Sunday will be despatched on the following Monday (if it is a public holiday the order will be despatched on the next working day).
To avoid failed/delayed deliveries please provide special instructions when placing your order regarding where the parcel may be safely left, either on your property or with a designated neighbour.
If, in the unlikely event, there is a delay with your order we will contact you to explain the situation, you may at this stage want to:-
a) Cancel your order.
b) Select alternative products.
c) Continue with your order which we will despatch as soon as the stock is available.
Whilst we make every effort to fulfil every order promptly we are not liable for any failure to deliver, or delay in delivering items you have ordered due to reasons beyond our control.
We want to ensure that you are happy with your purchases. If, for any reason, you, as a private individual, from within the UK, decide the goods you ordered are not what you want you can return them to us free of charge (within 30 days of receiving the goods).
- If you, as a private individual (and not in the course of a business) buy from us over the website (without any face to face contact) you are entitled to change your mind, cancel your order and get a full refund.
- If you want to cancel or change an order before it has been despatched please contact us and we will issue a full refund.
- If, for any reason, you decide you don’t want your purchases, after they have been despatched, then we will refund or exchange in accordance with your legal rights. Please report the matter to us immediately and certainly within 30 days of receiving the goods, either email or phone Customer Services (tel. 01902 458410 – Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm).
- Before returning any items please phone (01902 458410) or email us to request a Royal Mail returns label. We just need to know your name, your order number, the item reference and your reason for the return.
- To avoid damage in transit please pack items to be returned in the original carton and similar outer packaging as that in which you received the goods.
- We will send an exchange or refund all monies received within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you; including the standard outbound delivery cost and the return delivery (using the Royal Mail returns label that we will send you).
- In line with legislation we have the right to deduct monies from refunds if the goods show signs of unreasonable use leading to diminished value.
- Items delivered damaged must be reported to us within 30 working days of receipt of delivery and should be returned (if requested by us) within 30 days for a refund (including outbound and return delivery costs).
- Unless otherwise requested any goods to be returned to us should be sent using a Royal Mail returns label addressed to: Customer Returns, Kuhn Rikon Ltd., Landport Road, Wolverhampton. WV2 2QJ.
- All refunds and exchanges will be processed at the price paid for the item(s) when the order was placed.