Carrot and Chutney Soup
Duromatic Pressure Cooker: Serves 6 as a starter
- 12 oz (350g) carrots, grated
- 3 oz (75g) celery, finely chopped
- 2 oz (50g) butter or margarine
- ½ oz (15g) long grain rice
- 1¼ pints (700ml) chicken stock
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt & pepper
- chopped parsley
- Melt butter in the base of a 5 litre or larger pressure cooker and sauté the carrot and celery until just beginning to soften. Add the rice and stock.
- Close the lid and bring pressure to the 2nd red ring. Adjust the heat to maintain this pressure for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and reduce the pressure using the quick release method - refer to instruction manual
- Add the chutney and milk, then liquidise the soup. Return it to the rinsed pan and re-heat.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.