Celery and apple soup
Hotpan: Serves 4 as a starter
- 1 celery, approx 300g - washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cooking apple - peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 40g butter
- 1 onion - peeled and cut into fine strips
- 40g leek - washed and cut into small pieces
- 9cm stick of cinnamon
- 800ml vegetable broth
- 200ml cream
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- ground cinnamon
- Melt the butter in the HOTPAN casserole, add the onion and leek and cook on a low heat.
- Add the celery, apple and cinnamon stick and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to the boil and allow to simmer lightly on a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Now cover the casserole and wait for steam to appear from around the rim.
- Remove from the heat and place the HOTPAN in the insulating bowl for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon, add the cream, bring to the boil and stir.
- Blend with a handheld mixer and serve with a dust of cinnamon powder.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
By Ruedi Lehmann