Durotherm Pressure Cooker: Serves 4 as a main course.
- 1.5kg Chicken, or 8 chicken pieces
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions - peeled and finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic - peeled and finely sliced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger - peeled and finely chopped
- 3 dried chillies
- 1 ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g chicken stock
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp brown sugar
- 12 dried apricots
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker, add onions and cook on medium temperature until light brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chillies and Garam Masala, add chicken and stir for about 5 minutes until brown. make sure the onions do not burn.
- Add tomato paste, salt and 250g chicken stock, cover and simmer for 5 minutes on the hob.
- Increase the heat, as soon as steam rises, set the pressure cooker into the insulating base for approx. 35 minutes.
- After cooking time, remove lid, add balsamic vinegar, sugar, dried apricots and continue to cook uncovered and reduce to the desired consistency.
Recipe by Rudolf Lehmann