Gruyere and Emmental Cheese Fondue
It's so quick and easy to create an authentic Swiss Cheese fondue.
Serves - 4
- 500 g grated Gruyère cheese
- 250 g grated Emmental
- Crushed clove of garlic
- 35 cl white wine
- 20 g cornflour
- 5 tsp kirsch
- White pepper, freshly milled - to taste
- Grated nutmeg - pinch
- Sweet paprika powder - pinch
- 800 g rustic bread cut into bitesize pieces
1. Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the garlic.
2. Add white wine, bring to the boil and add the grated cheese whilst stirring continuously. Heating evenly, stir until smooth.
3. Mix the cornflour with the kirsch.
4. Add the cornflour, pepper, nutmeg and paprika to the melted cheese.
5. Serve with the bread.
Created by - Rudolf Lehmann