Duromatic Pressure Cooker : Serves 4 as a starter or main course
- 4 large onions
- 2 oz (50g) butter or margarine
- ½ pint (280ml) beef stock
- ½ pint (280ml) chicken stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sherry (optional)
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- French bread slices
- 2 oz (50g) grated cheese
- Peel and halve onions then cut into thin slices. Melt the butter in the base of a 3 litre or larger pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté until softened but not browned. Add the beef and chicken stock.
- Close the lid and bring the pressure to the 2nd red ring. Adjust the heat to maintain this pressure for 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and reduce the pressure using the quick release method - refer to instruction manual
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the sherry(optional) and parsley.
- Serve with slices of French bread sprinkled with cheese and toasted under the grill.