Spicy Chicken - Oriental Style
Serves - 4
Preparation time - approx. 30 minutes
- 4 x chicken breasts
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 4cm cinnamon sticks
- 1tsp cardamom seeds
- 6 garlic cloves peel and chop finely
- 3cm ginger peel and chop finely
- 0.5 tsp cloves, ground
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3tbsp clarified butter
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 2tbsp white vinegar
- 1tsp salt
- Dry roast coriander, cumin, cinnamon stick and cardamoms in a wok or frying pan on a low heat until the spices give off an aroma. Then allow to cool and grind to a fine powder with a pestle and mortar or spice mill.
- Add the rest of the marinade ingredients and mix well together.
- Rub each chicken breast with the marinade, cover and leave to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the frying pan with some oil and fry the marinated chicken breast fillets, turning occasionally.
HINT: Serve a colourful herb-blossom salad with carrot strips. The spicy marinated chicken breasts are also great for barbecuing.
Recipe by - Rudolph Lehmann