Sticky Toffee Pudding
Make a steamed sticky toffee pudding in the pressure cooker in about half the time it would take in a steamer.
Serves: 3 - 4
Total cooking time: 40 mins
- 50g soft tub margarine
- 50g dark muscavado sugar
- 50g self raising flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons milk
TOFFEE SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 25g butter
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat all toffee sauce ingredients gently in a small saucepan, stirring until melted. Add one tablespoon of sauce to the bottom of a greased 1 pint (600ml) pudding basin and reserve the remainder.
- Place all pudding ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat well. Pile on top of sauce in basin and level the top. Cover with a pleated square of greased foil or waxed paper, secured tightly under the rim of the basin.
- Place trivet and 1¼ pints (700ml) boiling water in a 3 litre or larger pressure cooker. Prepare a folded strip of foil to lift pudding into the pressure cooker. Pre-boil for 20 minutes (without lid).
- Close the lid and bring pressure to the 1st red ring. Adjust the heat to maintain the pressure for 20 minutes. Allow the pressure to reduce naturally.
- Re-heat the remaining sauce. Turn the pudding onto a serving plate and pour the sauce over.
Cook faster, seal in flavours and retain nutrients in our easy to use Duromatic Pressure Cookers.