Stuffed Peppers with Spicy Rice
Posted: March 05, 2019
Categories: Pressure Cooker Recipes
- 4 peppers
- 200g basmati rice
- 350cl water
- 200g feta cheese cut in cubes
- 50g black olives stoned roughly chop
- 2tbsp fresh parsley chop
- 1tbsp thyme, fresh chop
- 4 pinches cumin ground
- 4 pinches coriander ground
- 4 pinches cardamom ground
- 0.5 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove press or chop
- 10cl instant chicken stock prepare
- 400g tomato, skinned and diced
- Take each pepper, cut away the top and keep the tops to one side. Carefully remove the seeds and membrane.
- Rinse the basmati rice in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Place the water in the DUROMATIC® Pressure Cooker and bring to the boil.
- Add the washed rice.
- Close the lid and cook at pressure on setting 1 for 7 minutes.
- Then release steam normally in steam release mode.
- Place the rice into a bowl and allow to cool down somewhat.
- Add the feta cheese, black olives and the spices, season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the peppers with the mass and place the lids back on top.
- In a separate pan - lightly fry the onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Add the diced tomato.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a dish and pout the tomato sauce over the top.