Tabouleh with Shrimps and Avocado
Posted: February 06, 2017
Categories: Other Recipes
Durotherm: Serves 4 as a starter/ 2 main course
- 2 avocados
- 200 g couscous
- 40 g butter
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 250 ml vegetable broth
- 100 g carrots, peeled and cut into fine cubes
- 100 g leek, halved, washed and cut into fine strips
- 12 shrimps, shelled and inners removed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper from the mill
- 1 red chilli, halves, seeds removed and cut into fine strips
- lemon juice
- 2 sprigs of parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of mint, chopped
- white balsamic vinegar
- Melt the butter in the DUROTHERM, add the onion and steam until glazed.
- Add the carrots, leek and chilli and continue steaming for 2 minutes at a medium heat.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to the boil, add the couscous, cover and place the DUROTHERM in the insulating ring for 10 minutes as soon as steam rises.
- Season the shrimps with salt and pepper, braise until glazed in the hot olive oil and place on kitchen paper to remove any oil.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, and separate the fruit flesh from the skin using a spoon.
- Loosen the couscous with a fork, season to taste with the white balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper from the mill and garnish with parsley and mint strips.
- Place the avocado on a plate in the skin, fill with the vegetable tabouleh and garnish with the shrimps.
Recipe by Ruedi Lehmann