Build a Raclette Recipe
Here’s a meal with a difference – perfect for two around one raclette, or, increase the quantities and use more raclettes for a bigger party.
Assemble all these ingredients in different dishes, place the dishes on the table, light the raclette. Pick and choose the ingredients you want to make your own tasty meal.
Serves – 2
- Approx. 8 asparagus – steamed & cut into 4cm lengths
- I small onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 175g canned or frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 4 rashers of bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- Chilli sauce
- 250g cheddar or other hard cheese, sliced
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- Prepare all but the cheese and potatoes and place the ingredients in separate bowls for the table.
- Cook the potatoes, either in a steamer or in a saucepan, until just tender. Place them in a warm bowl and take them to the table.
- Guests now ‘build’ their own dish at the table by adding ingredients to the heated raclette, heat them up, then top with cheese.
- Put potatoes on your plate.
- When the cheese has melted, scoop up all the ingredients and put them on top of the potatoes.
- Enjoy and ‘build’ another one!