Choosing A Pressure Cooker
Need help in choosing a pressure cooker? Read on for some key pointers and advice on which pressure cooker will suit you - including what size and shape you need.
Kuhn Rikon are experts when it comes to cookware and pressure cookers. We've been designing and manufacturing our state of the art Duromatic pressure cookers in Switzerland since 1949. We now offer several ranges in different sizes and with different features. It might be a bit confusing choosing the right pressure cooker for you, so we're here to help.
SAVE time, SAVE energy and SAVE money with our easy to use pressure cooker. All our Duromatic Pressure Cookers are quiet, safe, easy to use, easy to clean, attractive to look at and will create delicious meals up to three times quicker.
The key features of Duromatic pressure cookers
- Fast - will quickly come to pressure.
- Quiet - there is no loud hissing or rattling when they are at pressure.
- Safe - there are a number of safety features to ensure the pressure cooker will always release pressure quickly and efficiently.
- Easy - so easy to use and easy to see when the pressure cooker is at pressure.
- Economical - will save you time and use up to 70% less energy.
- Made of highly polished 18/10 stainless steel - looks great and is easy to clean.
- Solid aluminium Superthermic® sandwich base - heats up quickly and evenly on all heat sources, including induction hobs.
- 10 year guarantee on the body of the pressure cooker, 2 year guarantee on the parts.
- All Duromatic pressure cooker parts are readily available - right here.
- The pressure cooker experts - we've been producing pressure cookers for nearly 70 years and we also have an experienced team, right here in the UK, ready to help and advise - just contact us.
Here's some advice on how to choose the right model of pressure cooker for you.
What size of pressure cooker do you need? This depends on how many you are cooking for, is it 2, 4 or more? Here is an approximate guide to the number of main course servings from the different pressure cookers:-
- 2.5L pressure cooker - 1 to 2 servings
- 4.0L pressure cooker - up to 4 servings
- 5.0L pressure cooker - up to 5 servings
- 6.0L pressure cooker - up to 6 servings
- 8.0L pressure cooker - up to 8 servings
Which style do you want? Here at Kuhn Rikon you can choose a pressure cooker with two side handles, or a pressure cooker with one long handle - but what's the difference?
- Duromatic pressure cookers with two Side grips – are easier to store and can be easier to lift as the weight is evenly distributed.
- Duromatic pressure cookers with a Long handle and a smaller assist handle – gives increased leverage, making the pan easier to tip and pour.
What shape of pressure cooker will suit you?
- If you want to cook soup or joints of meat and poultry in your pressure cooker be sure to choose a deep pressure cooker.
- The shallower pressure cookers are great for casseroles, curries, vegetables and more.
- Duromatic Comfort - the only Bluetooth pressure cooker available, you connect to the pressure cooker via Bluetooth using an app on your Apple or Android device. Available in 3 sizes.
- Duromatic Hotel - Dubbed ‘the pressure cooker for professionals’, it is available in large capacities, from 5L to 12L, and has an exceptional large 28cm diameter - great for cooking large quantities, joints of meat and poultry. Our Hotel range is ideal for professional chefs and enthusiastic home cooks who cater for large numbers.
- Duromatic Inox - this is our best selling pressure cooker, it has a timeless elegance and is available with a choice of handles and in a range of sizes to suit all families - making it our most popular model.
- Duromatic Supreme - removes the guesswork as it has cooking times for popular foods such as rice, stew and potatoes printed on the blue valve housing. Available in different sizes and a choice of a long handle or two side handles.
- Duromatic Top - has a unique steam release system, to release the steam you turn the black valve to either slow or rapid and can then leave it to release the pressure; so your hand is kept away from the steam. Available in different sizes and a choice of a long handle or two side handles.
- Duromatic Ergo - available in 3 sizes to suit most families, our Ergo range has a timeless elegance with its black handles and valve housing, it has a long handle and a smaller, assist handle for easy lifting.
- Duromatic Classic - has one long black handle, a shorter assist black handle and black valve housing. Available in two sizes.