SKU Duromatic Comfort Pressure Cooker Side Grips
Duromatic Comfort Pressure Cooker Side Grips
SAVE time, SAVE energy and SAVE money with our easy to use pressure cooker. All our Duromatic Pressure Cookers are quiet, safe, easy to use, easy to clean, attractive to look at and will create delicious meals up to three times quicker. This impressive Duromatic Comfort is the only Bluetooth enabled pressure cooker on the market; you connect to the pressure cooker via Bluetooth using an app on your Apple or Android device. Read more >
Features & Benefits
Our Duromatic Comfort is the only Bluetooth enabled pressure cooker on the market; you connect to the pressure cooker via Bluetooth using an app on your Apple or Android device. Available in 3 sizes. The Comfort range also includes all the key features of our Duromatic pressure cookers.
SAFE – The integrated locking system and the four safety steam release systems make the Duromatic a really safe pressure cooker.
FAST – Cooking with the Duromatic takes, on average, just one third of the time of conventional cooking.
EASY – Having prepared and added the ingredients all you have to do is put the lid on, bring the pan to pressure and leave it to cook.
ECONOMICAL – The Duromatic pressure cooker is so much quicker, it will save you time and use up to 70% less energy.
QUIET – The spring loaded valve in the Duromatic makes it easy to monitor the pressure, there is no noisy steam escaping.
HEALTHY – the Duromatic will cook high-fibre, low-fat foods in record time AND preserve essential vitamins and nutrients.
VERSATILE – Use the Duromatic to cook a wide range of food throughout the year, including meat, vegetables, rice, pulses and puddings.
QUALITY – Duromatic Pressure Cookers are made of 18/10 stainless steel with a solid aluminium Superthermic® sandwich base for use on all heat sources, including induction hobs.
RELIABLE – The Duromatic pressure cooker has a 10 year guarantee and you have the support of a knowledgeable after sales team.
SWISS MADE – Jacques Kuhn created the first Duromatic pressure cooker in 1949. These high quality pressure cookers are still designed and made in Switzerland, using Swiss engineering and Swiss expertise.
Read on for more details about Duromatic Comfort Pressure Cookers. See below for how to choose the right pressure cooker and a link to some pressure cooker recipes. See our FAQs on Pressure Cookers.
Vitamins are sealed in, instead of boiled away, vegetables keep their bright colours and flavours are more intense, so less seasoning is needed.
The Superthermic® sandwich heat-conducting base ensures rapid and even heat absorption on all heat sources, including induction.
The interior of the pan has ½ and ⅔ fill level indicators. You can brown meats in the pan before the lid is locked on, or continue to cook conventionally without the lid.
Easy positioning triangles allow you to close the lid with the minimum of fuss.
The Duromatic pressure cooker has two pressure settings, so you can cook safely and effortlessly at low or high pressure just by adjusting the heat. At 5.8 psi the valve is at the first red ring - use this setting for cooking food such as fish, rice, lentils and most fruit. At 11.6 psi, the second red ring, the pressure is ideal for pulses, meat and root vegetables – use this setting for older recipes that refer to 15 psi.
When the food is cooked the pressure can be released in one of three safe and easy ways.
- Turn the heat off and leave the pressure cooker to cool.
- Lightly press on the pressure indicator to release steam.
- Cool the rim of the pressure cooker under tepid running water.
Safety features for all models in the Duromatic® range include the fully-automatic locking system; this stops you from opening the pan while there is still pressure inside.
Duromatic pressure cookers have a 10 year guarantee on the pressure cooker body and a 2 year warranty on all parts - see Use & Care (below) for more details.
Supplied with a trivet, other accessories also available.
Pressure Cooker recipes - wondering what to cook in your pressure cooker? Contact us to download a free recipe book, plus you can download our free App for Android or Apple devices for the latest recipes and news.Take a look at some recipes using a pressure cooker on our website.
Scroll down for advice on how to choose the right pressure cooker for you.
Choosing the right size pressure cooker - this is an approximate guide to the number of main course servings:-
- 2.5L pressure cooker - 1 to 2 servings
- 4.0L pressure cooker – up to 4 servings
- 5.0L pressure cooker - up to 5 servings
- 6.0L pressure cooker - up to 6 servings
- 8.0L pressure cooker – up to 8 servings
Choosing the right shape of pressure cooker
- If you want to cook soup or joints of meat and poultry in your pressure cooker be sure to choose a deep pressure cooker.
- The shallower pressure cookers are great for casseroles, curries, vegetables and more.
Choosing the pressure cooker with the right handles
- Side grips – easier to store and can be easier to lift as the weight is evenly distributed.
- Long handle with a smaller assist handle – gives increased leverage, making the pan easier to tip and pour.
See our wide range of Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers - available in different designs, shapes and sizes.
Use & Care
- To ensure you get the best from your Duromatic Comfort Pressure Cooker please follow the detailed instructions supplied with the pressure cooker.
- It's really easy to use a Duromatic Pressure Cooker - follow the recipe, when you’re ready to bring the pan up to pressure, close the lid, place on the heat, wait till the pressure indicator in the lid has lifted to the right pressure, then control the pressure by turning heat on the hob up or down - once it is set you can leave it to cook.
- The Duromatic pressure cooker has two pressure settings. At 5.8 psi the valve is at the first red ring - use this setting for cooking food such as fish, rice, lentils and most fruit. At 11.6 psi, the second red ring, the pressure is ideal for pulses, meat and root vegetables – use this setting for older recipes that refer to 15 psi.
- When the cooking time has been reached the pressure can be released naturally by just turning off the heat, it can be released quicker by depressing the pressure indicator until all the steam has been released, or place the rim of the pressure cooker under tepid running water to cool the pan and reduce the pressure.
- Hand-washing is recommended - for normal soiling, use warm water and washing-up liquid.
- For a more intensive clean, a build-up of lime scale or any discolouration use our SWISS CLEANER.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners or the use of dishwashers as this can damage the surface of the pan.
- If washed regularly in the dishwasher, synthetic fittings may lose their shine and the aluminium may oxidise or corrode.
- Never remove food stuck to the pan with sharp objects such as knives, steel wool or scourers.
- Limescale can be easily removed with vinegar or lemon juice.
- 10 year guarantee on the pressure cooker body and a 2 year warranty on all parts subject to wear such as gaskets, handles, valves, valve caps, and internal components.
- Warranty does not cover damage to the pressure cooker due to overheating, general misuse or commercial use.
- Pressure Cooker recipes - wondering what to cook in your pressure cooker? Take a look at some recipes using a pressure cooker on our website.