SKU Duromatic Comfort Pressure Cooker Side Grips
Duromatic Comfort Pressure Cooker Side Grips
Our Duromatic Comfort is the only Bluetooth enabled pressure cooker on the market; you connect to the pressure cooker via Bluetooth using an app on your Apple or Android device. Create delicious meals using up to 70% less energy and up to 3 times faster than conventional cooking. Read more >
Features & Benefits
- Create meals in minutes using up to 70% less energy and up to 3 times faster than conventional cooking
- Perfect for cooking casseroles, curries, soups, potatoes, rice, pulses and much more
- Cooks in approximately 1/3 time
- Up to 70% less energy needed
- 18/10 stainless steel with solid aluminium Superthermic® sandwich base
- Suitable for all heat sources, including induction
- Two side grips for compact storage and easy lifting
- Spring-loaded precision valve, integrated lid locking and 3 safety release systems
- Includes trivet
- Manual included and Recipe book available for download
- Made in Switzerland
- 10-year guarantee on all pan bodies. 2-year warranty on all parts subject to wear such as gaskets, handles, valves, valve caps, and internal components
- Warranty does not cover damage to the pressure cooker due to overheating, general misuse or commercial use
- See our complete range of Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers
- See below for advice on how to choose which pressure cooker for you
Our Duromatic Comfort is the only Bluetooth enabled pressure cooker on the market; you connect to the pressure cooker via Bluetooth using an app on your Apple or Android device.
The app will guide you through the cooking process of 40 different recipes and provide cooking times for over 70 different types of foods.
The pressure cooker has an integrated thermometer which communicates in real time with the app and therefore adjusts the cooking time accordingly.
As with all of our Pressure cookers, our Duromatic® Comfort is quiet, safe, simple and attractive; our world-renowned Swiss-Made Duromatic® Pressure Cookers create meals in minutes using up to 70% less energy and up to 3 times faster than conventional cooking methods. Vitamins are sealed in, instead of boiled away, vegetables keep their bright colours and flavours are more intense, so less seasoning is needed.
The Superthermic® sandwich heat-conducting base ensures rapid and even heat absorption on all heat sources, including induction.
Easy positioning triangles allow you to close the lid with the minimum of fuss.
There are also pressure indication lines that become visible when the pan is at the right pressure, so you can cook safely and effortlessly at low or high pressure just by adjusting the heat.
Safety features for all models in the Duromatic® range include the fully-automatic locking system; this stops you from opening the pan while there is still pressure inside. Three safety release systems and stay cool plastic fittings are all included in the design for your safety.
The interior of the pan features ½ and ⅔ fill level indicators.
You can brown meats in the pan before the lid is locked on, or use it just as a conventional pan without the lid.
When the food is cooked the pressure can be released in one of three safe and easy ways.
- Turn the heat off and leave the pressure cooker to cool.
- Lightly press on the pressure indicator to release steam.
- Cool the rim of the pressure cooker under tepid running water.
Choosing the right size pressure cooker - this is an approximate guide to the number of main course servings:-
Choosing the right shape of pressure cooker
- 2.5L pressure cooker - 1 to 2 servings
- 4.0L pressure cooker – up to 4 servings
- 5.0L pressure cooker - up to 5 servings
- 6.0L pressure cooker - up to 6 servings
- 8.0L pressure cooker – up to 8 servings
Choosing the pressure with the right handles
- If you want to cook soup or joints of meat and poultry in your pressure cooker be sure to choose a deep pressure cooker.
- The shallower pressure cookers are great for casseroles, curries, vegetables and more.
- Side grips – easier to store and can be easier to lift as the weight is evenly distributed.
- Long handle with a smaller assist handle – gives increased leverage, easier to tip and pour.
Use & Care
- To ensure you get the best from your Duromatic Comfort Pressure Cooker please follow the detailed instructions supplied with the pressure cooker.
- Hand-washing is recommended - for normal soiling, use warm water and washing-up liquid.
- For a more intensive clean, a build-up of limescale or any discolouration use our SWISS CLEANER.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners or the use of dishwashers as this can damage the surface of the pan.
- If washed regularly in the dishwasher, synthetic fittings may lose their shine and the aluminium may oxidise or corrode.
- Never remove food stuck to the pan with sharp objects such as knives, steel wool, or scourers.
- Limescale can also be easily removed with vinegar or lemon juice.