Chinese Style Spare Ribs
Easy to prepare - but be sure to allow for the marinating time of at least 3 hours.
This recipe uses a Duromatic Pressure Cooker Frying Pan but it can be made in a conventional pan, just allow over an hour for cooking.
- 1.2kg spare ribs, not too fatty
- 2tbsp clarified butter
- 150ml salty soya sauce
- 3tbsp honey
- 1tbsp white vinegar
- 1tbsp paprika, sweet
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Then put the spare ribs and marinade into a resealable freezer bag.
- Mix well and leave in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Scrape the marinade off the meat and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat the clarified butter in the DUROMATIC® frying pan. Sear the spare ribs until golden brown. Then place on a plate.
- Rinse the DUROMATIC® frying pan with water and rub dry with a kitchen towel.
- Put the meat back into the frying pan together with the remaining marinade.
- Close the lid. Cook under pressure on setting 2 for 30 minutes.
- Then press lightly on the pressure indicator stem until no more steam escapes.
- The meat should easily come off the bone, if not, cook for a few more minutes.
- Arrange the spare ribs on a serving dish and keep warm.
- Heat up the remaining sauce and reduce the sauce to a syrup. Rub the syrup in to the meat.
HINT: If the meat is prepared with salty soya sauce, there is practically no need to add any salt.