SKU Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker Long handle
Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker long handle
Create delicious meals in minutes with our long handled, Swiss made, Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker. It's easy to use and has great safety features. Available in a range of sizes to suit all families. Our Inox range has a timeless elegance and is made from high quality 18/10 stainless steel. Read more >
Features & Benefits
- Quick and easy to use
- Create delicious meals in about a third of the time of conventional cooking
- Use up to 70% less energy and retain flavours and nutrients
- Ideal for fast cooking of casseroles, curries, soup, potatoes, rice, pulses and much more.
- 18/10 stainless steel with solid aluminium Superthermic® sandwich base
- Suitable for all heat sources, including induction.
- Spring-loaded precision valve, integrated lid locking and 3 safety release systems
- Includes trivet
- Manual included and Recipe book available for download
- Made in Switzerland
- 10-year guarantee on all pan bodies. 2-year warranty on all parts subject to wear such as gaskets, handles, valves, valve caps, and internal components
- Warranty does not cover damage to the pressure cooker due to overheating, general misuse or commercial use
- See our complete range of Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers
- See below for advice on how to choose the right pressure cooker for you
Our Swiss made, Duromatic Supreme range removes the guesswork as it has cooking times for popular foods such as rice, stew and potatoes printed on the blue valve housing. Ideal for home cooks who prefer to create their own dishes rather than following strict recipes.
As with all of our pressure cookers, the Duromatic Supreme is made from high quality 18/10 stainless steel. The long handled models also have a small handle to assist when moving the pan around your kitchen.
Our Duromatic® Supreme is quiet, safe, easy to use and attractive. Our world-renowned Swiss-Made Duromatic® Pressure Cookers create meals in minutes using up to 70% less energy and up to 3 times faster than conventional cooking methods.
Vitamins are sealed in, instead of boiled away, vegetables keep their bright colours and flavours are more intense, so less seasoning is needed.
The Superthermic® sandwich heat-conducting base ensures rapid and even heat absorption on all heat sources, including induction.
Three safety release systems and stay cool plastic fittings are all included in the design for your safety.
The interior of the pan features ½ and ⅔ fill level indicators. You can brown meats in the pan before the lid is locked on, or continue to cook conventionally without the lid.
Easy positioning triangles allow you to close the lid with the minimum of fuss.
Safety features for all models in the Duromatic® range include the fully-automatic locking system; this stops you from opening the pan while there is still pressure inside.
There are also pressure indication lines that become visible when the pan is at the right pressure, so you can cook safely and effortlessly at low or high pressure just by adjusting the heat.
When the food is cooked the pressure can be released in three safe and easy ways.
Choosing the right size pressure cooker - this is an approximate guide to the number of main course servings:-
- Turn the heat off and leave the pressure cooker to cool.
- Lightly press on the pressure indicator to release steam.
- Cool the rim of the pressure cooker under tepid running water.
- 2.5L pressure cooker - 1 to 2 servings
- 4.0L pressure cooker – up to 4 servings
- 5.0L pressure cooker - up to 5 servings
- 6.0L pressure cooker - up to 6 servings
- 8.0L pressure cooker – up to 8 servings
Choosing the right shape of pressure cooker
- If you want to cook soup or joints of meat and poultry in your pressure cooker be sure to choose a deep pressure cooker.
- The shallower pressure cookers are great for casseroles, curries, vegetables and more.
Choosing the pressure cooker with the right handles
- Side grips – easier to store and can be easier to lift as the weight is evenly distributed.
- Long handle with a smaller assist handle – gives increased leverage, easier to tip and pour with one hand.
Use & Care
- To ensure you get the best from your Duromatic Pressure Cooker please follow the detailed instructions supplied with the pressure cooker.
- Hand-washing is recommended - for normal soiling, use warm water and washing-up liquid.
- For a more intensive clean, a build-up of lime scale or any discolouration use our SWISS CLEANER.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners or the use of dishwashers as this can damage the surface of the pan.
- If washed regularly in the dishwasher, synthetic fittings may lose their shine and the aluminium may oxidise or corrode.
- Never remove food stuck to the pan with sharp objects such as knives, steel wool, or scourers.
- Limescale can also be easily removed with vinegar or lemon juice.